Sonya is a survivor of infertility, miscarriages, PMS, and Post Partum Mood Disorders (esp Anxiety). Fortunately she was able to solve all of her problems by balancing her hormones but had been more than a decade long journey of ups and downs.
She founded HormoneSoup.com in an effort to raise consciousness around hormone issues in women and spark conversation about using bio-identical hormones to treat issues such as miscarriages, infertility, postpartum mood disorder, and PMS.
Sonya began advocating for herself about all things hormonal after spending years seeking answers but finding band-aid solutions. After being offered anti-depressants for hormonal concerns and hearing other women’s similar stories, Sonya became concerned that some women’s issues are being labeled as mental health disorders without ever getting to the root cause. Her journey to bio-identical hormones has led her to amazing doctors and naturopathic doctors and nutritionists that helped her find real solutions to very common problems. Seeing and hearing an abundance of misinformation, the goal of HormoneSoup.com is to educate, empower and unite women with resources and knowledgeable practitioners to enable them to find answers sooner and more readily than she did.
My Call to Action:
- Be informed
- See yourself in partnership with your doctor/naturopath – it’s your health, your body & your life after all!
- Build a healthcare team – whether it’s your primary care doctor, naturopathic doctor, pharmacist, lab technician – ask questions and develop a rapport with them each and every time you see them. Consider them part of your team.
- Trust your intuition
- Treat us as the centre of the healthcare team! Participatory Medicine benefits everybody – even you!
- More consideration put into diagnostics in women’s issues.
- Please stop painting our health issues with a mental health brush! We don’t all need antidepressants and birth control pills! We want treatments that match the cause.
- Doctors who are using bio-identical hormones – speak out about your success stories, about the truth behind the fear generated by the WHI Study results & share information with colleagues.